Decent Economy 15" LCD?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by MrCommunistGen, Jan 31, 2005.

1. MrCommunistGen macrumors regular

MrCommunistGen

I'm looking for a decent quality, but cheap 15" LCD. I know that specs can be decieving especailly on LCDs and was hoping that sombody could help me out. Price is a larger factor than quality. I was hoping to spend less than $200 each, and less would definately be better, (I'm being contracted by a school to acquire about 6-12 LCDs and they have a tight budget. They got ripped off in the past.)
    Thanks
    -mcg

2. MrCommunistGen thread starter macrumors regular

MrCommunistGen

Sharp LL-T15G4

To answer my own question for anyone else out there who shares my question, I found a review for the Sharp LL-T15G4 in PC World online as #3 of their Top 10 15" LCDs. It is supposed to have very good quality and it is the highest rated LCD near my price range. I can get it for ~$240 including tax and shipping through Pricegrabber.com. :D

-mcg

3. dgpaulk macrumors newbie

I would suggest looking at dell. Their 15 inch lcd's are 249 right now but if you check out the forums on the site slickdeals.net you can always find some coupon codes to bring that down to around 200. Just a suggestion.