Decent Language tools

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ddk121, Jul 16, 2006.

1. ddk121 macrumors 6502

I am looking for an application to remove some un wanted languages from my macbook. What is the best? I have tried Delocalizer, but am not to keen on it, and I have heard monolingual is unstable on intel macs. Are there any others? Also, how easy would it be to reinstall the OS if I ever decided to reinstall them?

2. ddk121 thread starter macrumors 6502

3. MajereXYU macrumors regular

Monolingal works great on Intel Macs, just make sure you uncheck all of he choices in the architectures tab to be sure you don't accidentally remove Rosetta support. (I speak out of experience :( )

4. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

I think there are packages that will reinstall some of the non-roman languages on the install discs, however I don't think they have separate reinstall packages for the roman languages or the cyrillic languages, so only delete those if don't think you will need them.

I accidentally deleted Portuguese, but I decided just to wait until Leopard comes out and do a clean install then, as it's not a live or die situation for me.

5. Oryan macrumors 6502a

Oryan

What's wrong with Delocalizer? (An honest question since I use it.)

6. ddk121 thread starter macrumors 6502

I can't undertsnad what letters symbloize which langauages I'm deleting, lol.:confused:

7. ddk121 thread starter macrumors 6502

BTW, If I use monolingual, uncheck all the architectures, and then delete the langauges, are u sure it won't ruin my macbook???