Decent OS X CSS Editor?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by awrc, Aug 11, 2002.

1. awrc macrumors regular

Anyone if there exists such a thing as a good CSS editor that runs under OS X?

I switched from the PC, where I tended to use Dreamweaver 4 for web development. This came with a "lite" version of a tool called TopStyle written by the guy who originally produced HomeSite, which was pretty good - good enough for me to buy TopStyle Pro, the full version. It had some nice features, like the ability to restrict the style sheet you were building to the capabilities of certain browsers, and a preview pane that constantly showed a document generated on-the-fly that contained all of the styles you had defined (i.e. create a style that applies of level 1 headings and *bam* the document sprouts a level 1 heading so you can see it).

However, the CSS editors in Dreamweaver MX and GoLive 6 are both pretty weak, little more than slightly tweaked text editors. Since I already own both of the above, I'd rather not fork out for a third full-blown web design package (there's such a thing as too much redundancy) but find a stand-alone application.

All I've been able to find so far is something called Style Master, which isn't OS X compatible yet. Are there others that I'm missing?

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Just had a quick look at VersionTracker and found an app called CSS Suitcase 1.2, maybe worth a shot.