decision making - help needed

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Diatribe, Feb 17, 2004.

1. Diatribe macrumors 601

Diatribe

Hi,

I'm looking to replace my old, nasty sounding speakers. I have narrowed it down to either the Creative I-Trigues L3500 and the Logitech Z-2200. I just can't decide. I know that the Logitechs have more power, but they look uglier too.
    Anyone who has either ones or has compared those got any recommendations?

2. russed macrumors 68000

russed

i dont know anything about those speakers but i have a pair of the JBL creatures and they are really nice sounding and look good too. they have more than ample bass and go really loud. if you are wanting to spend so silly money i have heard the haarmon-kardon sound sticks are also good. JBL also do the Duets which i have also heard good things about. JBL are the same company as haarmon-kardon so hence the reason they are actually good speakers!

3. invaLPsion macrumors 65816

invaLPsion

Go with the I-Trigues. I have heard them and they are the ultimate 2.1 combination of style, sound, and power. They produce VERY pleasing sound.

4. rdowns Suspended

rdowns

Bose MediaMates are awesome. Sound better than my ALtec Lansing w/ subwoofer.

5. Diatribe thread starter macrumors 601

Diatribe

Thanx for the answers...

Do they have enough power? How loud do they go without sounding bad? The sub has only 30 watts, is that enough? I have never even seen a sub with such a low wattage. :D

I believe that, the only problem is that they are not quite the most beautiful speakers ever. :rolleyes:

and @russed
    Why is one hundred dollars silly money? The creatures are not that much cheaper. And I heard that they have problems with high volumes, besides that, they are nice looking speakers.

6. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    well they arent that powerful but powerful enough to fill a small room with sound.

id go with the itrigues, ur not expecting audiophile quality anyway.

7. invaLPsion macrumors 65816

invaLPsion

They have plenty of power for multimedia speakers. I pumped them up pretty loud when I demoed them and they handled high volumes pretty well. 30 watts is plenty for a multimedia sub. You'll be able to hear and feel it;) . Remember it's not just the wattage that is a judgment of loudness but also the number and siz of the woofers and cones.

8. invaLPsion macrumors 65816

invaLPsion

Of course not, these are multimedia speaks...:p

You can, however, make any multimedia speakers sound good with a nice sound card. A good brand also makes a difference. I have JBL Invaders myself and I love them!

9. Diatribe thread starter macrumors 601

Diatribe

Nah, I'm not expecting audiophile quality, that's what my stereo is for. I just use these to have music in my kitchen/working area, that is why I need at least stable power at higher volumes. Not that I want to open a club in my apartment. :D
    So if they have enough power, I might as well go ahead and buy the I-Trigues.