iPhone Declining Incoming Calls on iOS 7 Beta 4

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by CanesDrew, Aug 1, 2013.

1. macrumors regular

May 16, 2012
    Memphis, TN
    Noticed a seemingly bug on Beta 4, maybe before. When I receive an inbound FaceTime call or voice call, there is no option to ignore it. Only slide to answer.

Anyone else seeing this?

Not a huge deal but worth checking out. If you want to recreate it, have someone FaceTime or call you and have your phone screen locked. There is NO option to decline the call. You only have that option if your screen is on.

On iOS 6, you slid the screen up to decline.
  2. macrumors 6502

Jun 23, 2010
    Yea it's not there anymore. But I always thought it was redundant since it is quicker to just use the volume buttons to silence the call.
  3. macrumors regular

Apr 8, 2010
    Or just tap the sleep button twice. That's what I've always done
  4. thread starter macrumors regular

May 16, 2012
    Memphis, TN
    Yeah. You can silence it. But a dedicated decline button should be there. Just like when your screen is on and it rings.
  5. macrumors member

Jan 6, 2013
    Double tapping the sleep button declines the call
  6. macrumors Core

Oct 17, 2011
    but that doesn't mean that the option to do that on the screen shouldn't be suddenly--especially since it was there before, since it's there in unlocked state still, and since overall it still makes good sense.
  7. macrumors regular

Aug 29, 2009
    I always found the lack of a decline button just stupid. Why would there be one if the phone is unlocked but not if it was sleeping? I also don't find double pressing sleep very intuitive at all. Surely it would make more sense to always have a decline button like any other phone ever.
  8. macrumors newbie

Aug 12, 2013
    I guess the logic is that if you're using the phone, you need the reject button as you're in the middle of something. If the phone is asleep, it's not as urgent to quickly reject, rather silence it. I didn't know about the double tap sleep button though so thanks for that tip.

Personally, I would rather have a reject button on both sleep and awake ;)
  9. macrumors newbie

Feb 21, 2011
    I still see "Reject" *occasionally*

The weird thing is I still see the "reject" button on the screen occasionally. I have no idea why.

I guess one of the first principles of software design would be to eliminate the "I have no idea" stuff.....
  10. macrumors 601

Jul 24, 2008
    Pacific Northwest, US
    iOS 7 beta 4 expired. What version are you on? You should consider a new thread with an accurate title.
  11. macrumors Core

Oct 17, 2011
    Its there when the phone is unlocked and it's not there when the phone is locked (so that you wouldn't hit it accidentally simply reaching for your phone, for example).
  12. macrumors regular

Jul 2, 2013
    Rotherham South Yorkshire UK
    On iOS6 you have to scroll up to access the decline button so you can't hit it accidentally.

I use it frequently, don't see why it can't be the same on iOS7.

As for double tapping the sleep button,that's a no no for me. iPhone 5 sleep buttons are notorious for breaking so that's an option I prefer not to use.
  13. macrumors Core

Oct 17, 2011
    Correct, that particular item did exist in iOS 6 (and only iOS 6), but unfortunately didn't make it to iOS 7 (so far).
  14. Oz.
    macrumors regular

Jan 20, 2011
    You see the reject button only when you use the phone, if you don't use it you will not see it ;)