Dedicated server in UT2004

Discussion in 'Games' started by Veldek, Nov 11, 2004.

1. Veldek macrumors 68000

Veldek

Can anybody tell me how I can start a dedicated server in UT2004 (hopefully from the GUI and without Terminal)? Whenever I want to host a game and start a dedicated server, UT2004 quits. I read somewhere, that this is how it's supposed to be, as UT2004 quits and Terminal is started to start the server. But in my case UT2004 just quits and Terminal doesn't open. I want to play against a friend of mine tomorrow and hopefully will be able to host a game until then.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. There's another server type (don't remember the name now). Will this also work for me and my friend?

2. Muskie macrumors 6502

Muskie

The other server type I think you're talking about it "Listen" Its the same as a regular online game. I beleve it's called Listen on macs only, my brother said he played on PCs at school and they just said Launch or something. I'm pretty sure the name just means that if you have audio input then you can speak to others on the server without any other software. As for the terminal thing, I've noticed that as well. Try checking Activity Monitor after you hit dedicated and see if you notice anything different, just an idea.

I'm not positive on all of these points, so if anyone else knows, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Good luck man.

3. Veldek thread starter macrumors 68000

Veldek

So this server mode should work as well?

4. Muskie macrumors 6502

Muskie

Yes, if you just want to host and play a game it should work fine.

5. Veldek thread starter macrumors 68000

Veldek

Thank you, we will be able to try soon.