Deep sleep mode in MBA 2012

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by darthpotato94, Jun 26, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

I noticed that when my macbook air 2012 wakes up from sleep mode under a certain amount of time - 1 hour I guess - it wakes up almost instantaneously, perhaps 1 second. But after 1 hour, when I wake up, I can see the cursor appear first and then it takes about another second for the computer to wake up. Is this a normal phenomenon that you guys might have experienced?

2. macrumors 68000

So two seconds instead of one? Sounds like a phenomenon to me! :rolleyes:

3. theSeb, Jun 26, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2012

macrumors 604

theSeb

I would definitely return it.

It's probably due to the inferior LG panel and the screen does not get refreshed quickly enough.

[​IMG]

4. macrumors member

Yeah this happens to me too....but usually I notice this when it wakes from sleep while only on battery power. If you leave it plugged in then it is ready instantly.

5. macrumors G4

It goes into deep sleep. That's what helps it stay powered up even after being asleep for 30 days. Note that the wakes from deep sleep are a LOT quicker in the 2012s than they were in the 2011s. Last year's models would often take 6-10 seconds to wake up. Lots of threads were started here, and at Apple's forums about it. It appears someone at Apple paid attention and fixed it. I have noticed that if I unplug my MacBook Air, overnight it loses very little power, but still wakes up in about 2 seconds.

Anyway, Mountain Lion will add a feature that periodically "wakes" the MacBook Air from deep sleep to check e-mails, install updates, etc. so there will be tweaks in the future.

6. macrumors 604

theSeb

I can't remember if the keynote said this would be available on the 2011 MBA or just the 2012 MBA and rMBP? Do you know?

7. macrumors regular

Any model that came from factory with an SSD, I think. So pretty much every MBA since the second generation.

8. thread starter macrumors newbie

u r joking right? besides i have a samsung display.