Default Can you somehow use the iPhone as a mic on your PC?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by felixen, Aug 26, 2009.

1. macrumors 6502a

I guess this could be done wireless with an app.. I dunno, it would be cool though. This way I could give voice commands to my Mac Mini without having to buy a headset/mic

2. macrumors member

look at some jailbreak options i pretty sure cydia has it... but it owuld be really cool fi you could. I know u can control your itunes with your iphone though

3. macrumors 603

Interstella5555

A better question is, can you use the iPhone headphones to do this. I've heard that you can control iTunes on the newer MBPs with the headphones, but not sure about a wireless mic w/ the phone itself.

4. thread starter macrumors 6502a

word that would be cool..

As for the cydia thing, I used to have my ipod touch jailbroken all the time, but Ive gotten kinda sick and tired of having to start all over in any app/game I have on there each time a new update is out (and I will have to jailbreak again).

So I dunno if Im gonna jailbreak my iphone when I get it tomorrow. Theres not any way to save and transfer the app/game save data is there?

5. macrumors 6502a

davehutch

You can use an app called Megaphone (free), then connect the headphone output of the iPhone to the Mic input of your PC.
    Voila!...microphone

6. macrumors 6502a

piatti