Default Dock Settings Location?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by mklos, Apr 16, 2004.

1. mklos macrumors 68000

Dec 4, 2002
    My house!
    Does anyone know where the default Dock settings are stored? I want to be able to add Word, Excel, and PowerPoint to the Dock when a new user is created. So in other words I want Word, Excel, PowerPoint, as well as others added to the Dock by default. So this is why I'm asking where the settings are for the default Dock settings. I imagine its a hidden folder, but I'm not even sure where to look in the system folder. I know that it has to be in the system folder somewhere, but like I said its probably hidden.

Also I FINALLY got my Macs to log into my Windows Server and for some reason when I log out after I make changes it will not save those changes. So when I log back in it goes back to the default settings.

Any Suggestions would be helpful!

2. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Dec 26, 2002
    Albuquerque, NM
    Duff-Man says.....if you look in system/library there is a folder called "User Template" - it does not contain a dock pref file but perhaps if you create a user with the dock config you like you can copy the plist file into the template? I have not tried this so proceed with caution....oh yeah!