defaulty ipod mini

Discussion in 'iPod' started by jenny87, Jan 25, 2006.

1. jenny87 macrumors newbie

Jan 25, 2006
    i got an ipod mini as a present and the battery was dead and would die after 5minutes of playing, i then purchased one off of and that one died too, could there be something wrong with the ipod? and could i get a new one or it fixed by apple? :(
  2. BrianKonarsMac macrumors 65816

Apr 28, 2004
    sounds like you have already gone ahead and voided your warranty. had you just taken it to apple from the start of your problems, they would have likely replaced it for you. since you opened the ipods case to swap the battery on your own, you are pretty much SoL.
  3. jenny87 thread starter macrumors newbie

Jan 25, 2006
    think i could sell it or anything?
  4. janey macrumors 603

Dec 20, 2002
    sunny los angeles
    depends on what's wrong with it. Quite possibly there will be someone on ebay or on these forums who might be interested in a dead mini, especially if everything but the battery works, and it's a fixable problem.
  5. Sushi7 macrumors newbie

Jan 26, 2006

I have an iPod mini and it works perfectly fine. Maybe you should get a diffrent kind of iPod and not the mini. I'm thinking of getting the Video!

Your choice
    Sushi7 ;)
  6. Layer34 macrumors newbie

Feb 20, 2005
    it could be the logic board - i've had a few faulty boards that zap the life out of batteries! - it sounds like this is the case, especially as you just purchased a new battery.
    My advice is part it out and sell the parts on ebay - the drive and screen are the most valuable (£30-£40GBP for the drive and £20-£30GBP for the screen), the rest will get a little bit
  7. jenny87 thread starter macrumors newbie

Jan 25, 2006
    how much do you think i could sell it for? .. i dont really know much about the parts or anything..