Defective console stats???? (all of them)

Discussion in 'Games' started by d_saum, Mar 11, 2007.

1. d_saum macrumors 6502

Jun 14, 2005
    Hey all,

I just wondering (and no, I'm not a fanboy of ANY system), does anyone know the stats between the number of defective consoles between the 360, ps3, and wii at launch? I have a 360 and love it, but I know a few of my friends 360's have died and remember all the stories how they were supposedly dropping like flies at launch.

I haven't heard anything about PS3's and wii's having any problems since their respective launch. Anyone hear any different?

Again, I'm not a fanboy, just curious. Thanks!

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

Aug 23, 2005
    another one of these threads ? :eek: There is nothing official statement wise, and as for members experiences - they have been listed many times before.

Unfortunetly what will happen now is that this thread regardless of your good intention will turn into another mighty fanboy flame war and you still will not have an acurate answer - only war torn fanboy conjecture - which I would hardly claim to be scientifically sound.
  3. Dagless macrumors Core

Jan 18, 2005
    Fighting to stay in the EU
    My experiences-

2/3 360's died.
    1/4 PS3's dead out of box.
    No Wii's broke. But mine sometimes freezes on the Mii channel bootup.
    2/2 PSPs with ghosting screen.
    3/10 DS fats with dead pixels.
    No DS Lite problems except for my frigging cracking hinge!

Never known an Xbox, Gamecube or GBA (any) to break.

What I've gathered
    Sony have definitely made their PS3 solid. I'm sure the single dead PS3 was a rare case going off how few problems you hear about. Nintendo have always had intense build quality (Only Gamecube and cockroaches will survive a nuke). MS have fallen from grace on the hadware quality front.
  4. d_saum thread starter macrumors 6502

Jun 14, 2005
    my bad man... I havent been in the games section here for a while and honestly, didn't even think to search for prior versions of this kind of thread. I tried to find some stats by using google, but that didn't turn up anything solid.

Well, while not wanting a flame war, I understand how passionate people can be about these things. I for one don't care who makes a console, I just want good games. Thats why Im going to be getting a wii and a ps3 at some point.