Defective Lacie D2 drive - What should I do?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Erendiox, Sep 22, 2005.

1. Erendiox macrumors 6502a

Erendiox

After hearing all the reccommendations and the praise from this site about the D2 series, I decided I'd grab one. I really needed a DVD burner to backup data and the lightscribe feature is awesome. Unfortunately it gave me communications errors, both when burning lightscribe labels and when burning data with the finder. I'd get a half-burnt, ruined cd. After going back and forth with tech via email I finally got a service repair order to get it shipped in and fixed. I ship it (they nail me the shipping cost tho :mad: ) and get it back a week or so later. The same problem is still there! I've tested this with two computers and two firewire cables, so it has to be the drive. I'm going to email them back of course, but i'm awful close to just demanding my money back. What kind of tone would you guys take with them? They already nailed me on shipping, not to mention all the cds that the drive has already ruined. The way I see it, they should be shipping me a brand new one, and be footing the bill to send the defective one back. What do you guys think?

2. yenko macrumors 6502a

You didn't install their software ........did you? :eek:

3. Erendiox thread starter macrumors 6502a

Erendiox

Well yea, I did. It came with toast titanium 6, which is a really nice program, but that has nothing to do with it really. The drive is plug and play. I should be able to use it without their software.

And besides, it also gives me error messages while using "lacie lightscribe labeler" to burn labels.

4. yenko macrumors 6502a

I was talking about LaCie software, not any other software. :rolleyes:

Also...I think there are updates to Toast 6 for OS X 10.4.xx. You may want to check their web site. Although, I use Toast 6.0 and I don't have issues with it. Maybe there's an update for the LightScribe software that would fix the problem. :cool:

5. yenko macrumors 6502a

Just for the hell of it...........try a different brand CD. :)