Del Monte Apple Store - Monterey, CA

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by Loves2spoon, Jun 16, 2010.

1. macrumors 65816

Loves2spoon

Anyone else going?

2. macrumors newbie

I'll be there bright and early. I was at that store yesterday and two of the employees told me that mall security won't let anyone even try to line up before 5 AM.

3. macrumors 6502

I wonder how many people are actually going to that store? Would Bay Area folks head down here just because the city is smaller and might be easier to get than stores in San Jose or San Francisco..?

4. macrumors newbie

Del Monte Center - Update

Del Monte Center Security will not let you enter the mall before 6:00am. Don't forget however that AT&T and Best Buy will be carrying the phone as well. You have to guess as to which line you want to be in at 7:00am. Will it be more crowded at Best Buy, AT&T, or Apple?

I wouldn't drive down from the Bay Area just to come to Del Monte. The Del Monte Apple Store is the only Apple store in the whole area. Yes, the Monterey Peninsula is a small peninsula but that's the one store everybody and their brother will be at on Thursday. Plus, imagine driving 1.5 to 2 hours to come all the way to Monterey only to find out you have no iPhone. That would be one long, sad drive home.

5. macrumors 6502

You do have a slightly higher chance than SJ/SF though o_O?

6. macrumors newbie

So basically everyone is waiting till 6 am to show up? What's the plan?

7. macrumors newbie

?

8. macrumors 6502a

I'll be there. Probably right at 6am. You guys think we have a good shot? I'm gonna need two of these suckers. :p

9. macrumors 6502

I might go =D..

what are the chances of me getting one (16gb) if I arrive at 7AM...?

10. macrumors newbie

Here's $600

I'll give you $600 each for not showing up. Okay, just kidding. I'm hopeful that since we do live in a small community there will be more chance we'll get one as opposed to the larger towns/cities.

I'll probably show up around 6:00 as well since there's no use sitting in the parking lot until Security will let you in. I just hope there's not a mob scene where people are running just to get in line. It could be pretty crazy but I also think a lot of people looking for the iPhone aren't reading Macrumors and other blogs so they will probably show up all throughout the morning.

See you guys in line and good luck!

11. macrumors newbie

They're closing the mall off tonite at midnite, what time are you lining up?

12. macrumors newbie

The lines are crazy here

13. macrumors newbie

I stopped in at around 5:45, took one look at the lines, and went back home to bed. So much for the Monterey-is-a-sleepy-coastal-resort-town theory.

Any word on what the stock is like there? I know in other stores they've capped the walk-in lines based on how many units are left.

14. macrumors newbie

Nevermind, just called them - all sold out.

15. macrumors 6502

Go back tomorrow and camp there before 8 AM. I heard that they were giving out the ones that was reserved but never came pick up.