Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blackfang

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 7, 2014
Romania
Hi,
I just installed fresh 10.11.4 on a old macbook pro 15" late 2007 with SSD. Works really well.
My only issues is that when i press restart it is being delayed. The closing period when the circle that shows its closing its relatively short, but afterwards there is a black screen period that is like 15 seconds long until it restarts. I did a SMC reset, PRAM reset, Disk utility aid on drive.
If i shut it down and turn it on it works like a charm, only at restart it has a 15 sec delay. Anybody knows why?

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
Hi,
I just installed fresh 10.11.4 on a old macbook pro 15" late 2007 with SSD. Works really well.
My only issues is that when i press restart it is being delayed. The closing period when the circle that shows its closing its relatively short, but afterwards there is a black screen period that is like 15 seconds long until it restarts. I did a SMC reset, PRAM reset, Disk utility aid on drive.
If i shut it down and turn it on it works like a charm, only at restart it has a 15 sec delay. Anybody knows why?

When you select restart, do you have the option reopen windows when logging back in checked? If so, try untick it and see if that makes a positive impact.

blackfang

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 7, 2014
Romania
When you select restart, do you have the option reopen windows when logging back in checked? If so, try untick it and see if that makes a positive impact.
Hi, i have restarted with it that option unticked, nothing changes :(. I also tried bootcamp W7 32 bit, and if i select primary HDD bootcamp, if i restart, it works like a charm. Only in OS X the restart is delayed :(.

Gochugogi

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2013
Sandwich Isles
I suffered the same black screen delayed restart/startup after updating to 10.11.4. However, things went back to normal after a couple days. I figure the system needs a little time to optimize itself (system and fonts caches, etc.)

blackfang

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 7, 2014
Romania
I suffered the same black screen delayed restart/startup after updating to 10.11.4. However, things went back to normal after a couple days. I figure the system needs a little time to optimize itself (system and fonts caches, etc.)
I hope so as well :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.