Delays From Apple UK Store on New Powermacs

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Craigy, Feb 6, 2003.

1. Craigy macrumors 6502

I wondered if anyone else was having delays from the UK Apple Store.

We placed an order for a new Dual OSX 1.25 with the DVDR option on the 28th Jan. The stated shipping date was given as 3 days.

The machie has still not shipped - A call to Apple UK today showed that this appeared to be a common issue and we were assured that the machine would ship on this Monday (10th).

This is the first time we have ordered a machine via the Apple Store - Is this a common issue?

2. Bear macrumors G3

Re: Delays From Apple UK Store on New Powermacs

This happens more often on just announced items. It depends on how many got ordered on the day of intro and what time that day you ordered it.

And of course, customs could be affecting things.

3. uhzoomzip macrumors newbie

My Dual 1.25 has been delayed too. I ordered it from apple.store.com and it's being shipped to Chicago. I read a story today which might be a (good and welcome) explanation behind the shipping delays.

http://www.macnn.com/print.php?id=18380

Oh and Apple is reporting a 2.10 ship date for my PowerMac.

4. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

welcome to the world of apple. adding that superdrive will just add on time. i think apple is very bad at meeting the dates they say. boy do i remember the waiting list i had for imacs, wow. they were only,ummm, 2 or 3 months after announced.

iJon

5. nanosound macrumors regular

I guess I'm reliving your experience for my "backordered" PB 17". Maybe I'll get it in April. Frustration is an understatement. Why does Apple play this game??