Delete iCal Alerts in Mountain Lion?

Discussion in 'Mac Applications and Mac App Store' started by leftheaded, Oct 17, 2012.

1. macrumors member

no matter what I try I always have these alerts (see attached screenshot). I use my calendar often enough that these alerts are inundating me. How can I permanently stop and/or remove these alerts?

fwiw - the event is created in google calendar with NO alerts. iCal is adding this

Attached Files:

2. macrumors P6

Weaselboy

Are you on Mountain Lion? There are some settings in the Calendar app preferences under alerts where you can control this.

[​IMG]

3. thread starter macrumors member

yeah, i set all those to "none", but the alerts are still there. i'll try to reboot

4. macrumors newbie

Disable pop-up calendar notifications

This was driving me crazy too, and none of the usual suggestions worked. What DID work -- holding down the Option key while clicking on the Notifications icon in the menu bar (top right of the screen). This apparently disabled all pop-up notifications -- hooray!

5. macrumors regular

Europe calling

Well,
    This works for a day,
    after the next reboot this setting is gone. The text below the slide says ' Will resume tomorrow" ?
    iCal just keeps popping out alerts about events, also sending those to my iPhone and iPad. How do i stop that?