Delete Windows Partition for Genius Bar Visit?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Storrow, Jan 2, 2007.

1. Storrow macrumors regular

I have to take my Macbook CD in and have them replace the battery. I have windows installed via bootcamp on my computer and I'm wondering if I should delete the partition before I take my computer in so Apple can't reject my computer as far as replacing the battery saying it has something to do with having windows installed and since bootcamp is only beta at this point. I just have no idea if this will become an issue or not (but I would also like to know if Windows is the reason for my battery problems).

Thanks for any thoughts on this.

EDIT: I also have aftermarket ram installed...

2. vniow macrumors G4

I doubt Apple would care. They have Boot Camp'ed machines at their stores after all.

3. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Boot Camp should be fine.

As for the RAM, a lot of people feel that it's safer to pop out the third-party RAM and only leave Apple RAM in the machine. If you're still having problems with only Apple RAM in there, it's obvious that it's a problem Apple should be responsible for. Not even giving them the third-party RAM helps simplify things.

That said, I doubt they'd even look at your RAM if it's a simple battery problem. I had a keyboard replacement and left my third-party RAM in when I gave it to them. But if I had something more seriously wrong that could be RAM-related, I'd pop it out myself first just to check things out and then leave it out when I sent it in.

4. stevehp macrumors 6502

I'd say be more concerned (although, hardly even be concerned at all!) about the RAM. Apple knows people put windows partitions on their mac's. Why else would they make bootcamp available for free off their site and also make it a selling point for new mac users?

5. Storrow thread starter macrumors regular

ok i guess ill just switch out the ram and keep everything simple thanks for your replies!