Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

boxcarracer767

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 7, 2005
I just recieved my 12 inch powerbook today and I have just finsihed transferring filed from my windows machine over to OSX. Somehow I accidently deleted the Applications folder and emptied the recycle bin, and now some of my applicatiosn wont work such as safari, system preferences, and so on. Is there a way to restore all these Apps that came with Tiger.
Also I tried putting in the Tiger Install cd and treid running install bundled software only. But I get a message saying "There is no default application specified to open the document "Bundle Software.mpkg". Is there a way to restore just the apps so I dont have to do a clean install and retransfer files from windows again.

I think I found a way to reinstall software i dug deep into the installation cd, so im currently reinstalling all the apps. By the way how do I get rid of icons on my deskstop. I have the applications folder on the desktop so how would i get rid of it on the desktop

Thanks

boxcarracer767

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 7, 2005
Im in the middle of reinstalling bundled software, and its asking me to insert OS X disc 2, which I am trying to do. But somehow I cant eject Disc one because it says the disc is in use. Any way I can eject disc 1 so I can continue with my reinstall.
Thanks Again,

DXoverDY

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2005
you sir will likely have to reinstall the whole system.

consider most of your stuff lost.. you'll have to recopy from the PC again.. now leave disc 1 in, restart, and hold down "c" and reinstall OS X by formatting the hard drive and reinstalling everything. at this point you've messed it up pretty bad. This is one reason why you shouldn't have administrator rights, create another user for everyday tasks if you're unsure of what you're doing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.