deleted contact appears in sms

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by miraishak, Dec 15, 2012.

1. macrumors member

i have iphone 4 running ios 6.0.1

one of my contacts changed his number, so i went into the contact, edit and replaced the old number with new one. i wanted to send him an sms, so i went into sms, and i opened a new message and started typing his name. his name came up twice, once with the old number (that i deleted and once with the new number. if i chose the old number, i have a number not a name in the "to" of the message. i went into the messages and deleted the old sms conversation i had with his old number, then i went to contacts and deleted the contact completely and created it again with the new number. then i restarted the phone. however, still when i wanna write him an sms and i want to choose his name, i c the name twice: once with the old number and once with the new number, although i made sure the old number is not int eh contacts and when i search the contacts, i only see him as one contact with the new number.

is this normal? can someone explain it?

2. macrumors member

The exact same 'problem' occured to me just a few days ago.. Was planning on making a topic for it, but didn't have the time for it.. But now I found some1 else :p

If there is anyone with a fix for this?

3. macrumors 6502

Problem for me as well

4. macrumors newbie

Same here. Called Apple - a lady answered and she wanted me to have either a service contract, or pay a fee for me to be connected to the next level tech person. I declined. Called AT&T, couldn't help me either but rather the person blamed it on Apple citing possible defects. I said if anything at all, it would be a firmware issue. However, there have been a few firmware updates since a few of my contacts were deleted. They also suspect that these might have been pulled down from iCloud which is bogus since I have not stored my contacts on iCloud. That said, iCloud is a total joke and an invasion of privacy. If you don't know what it does, don't use it, period.

Apple is frigging clueless!!!