deleted hotmail from iPhone 4 lost all contacts and calendar.. help!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by chopperman9, Feb 8, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

hey everyone!

i was having problems sending email through hotmail on my iPhone 4 and thought that by deleting the account from the mail app, it would solve my problems. after i deleted it and then re-added it to the mail app again, i noticed all my contacts and calendar had been deleted and replaced by my hotmail contacts. i tried to restore from a backup, but apparently there were no recent ones that i could use.

does anybody know of a way to get all my contacts and calendar back?? i'm very annoyed at this point, so any help would be appreciated!

thanks in advance!

2. macrumors 6502

Did you have an active iCloud account setup on the phone before this happened?

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

unfortunatey, no... would that have helped?

4. macrumors 6502

Yes, as long as you had contacts turned on in iCloud, I believe you would still have your contacts.

Go into: Setting>Mail,Contacts,Calendars> scroll down to the contacts area and what is your Default Account set to?

5. thread starter macrumors newbie

the default account is set to SoftBank (it's a Japanese iPhone)

----------

do you know if there's a way to restore from a backup within a backup? i am looking at the backup files and it has a whole bunch of smaller files, so i'm wondering if one of those could have the settings before i deleted hotmail from the phone..