Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mackingtosh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 4, 2010
I'm having an issue where I'm deleting photos out of my iPhoto Library, and then having some reappear in the Library. Any indication of why this might be, and any fixes suggested? When I realized what was happening, I emptied the iPhoto trash and Finder trash, but I don't know what affect this had as I wasn't able to track which images were being re-added.

I'm doing a massive library cleanup (so far have deleted 35 gigs out of a 190GB Library to prep for new iMac). Running a 24" Late 2006 iMac.

Any advice would be appreciated.

scarred

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2011
Launch iPhoto while holding down option + command. You'll get a list of repair activities to perform. I am just guessing, but your file permissions might be messed up, so choose the repair permission one first. I had the same problem you did, and this cleared it up. You might also want to pick the other options to repair your library and have it find all the pictures you think you deleted, but didn't actually delete.

Stevesmacmini

macrumors newbie
Dec 6, 2012
Album art work for itunes

Why is my album art work now in iPhotos and how do I remove it?
Does it have to be there or can i create a folder just for that?
I am new to mac.
running a 2012 mac mini

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.