Deleted items

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by estebanoglotr, Aug 9, 2006.

1. estebanoglotr macrumors newbie

Is there any way that by any chance i can recover files that i deleted permanently on my macbook, i mean, if i empty the trash, theres nothing i can do to recover files??????

2. opik macrumors member

probably not..that's where leopard will help.

3. rafifreak00 macrumors regular

rafifreak00

I think with DiskWarrior there is a recover utility but I'm not sure as I've never tried it/used it.

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Yeah, DiskWarrior or Data Rescue II are probably your best bets. In the meantime, keep the machine turned off so as not to write over the deleted files. :)

5. islandgirl63 macrumors newbie

Panic Attack

Let me preface by saying I'm using MAC OS 10.5.8. I had a panic attack when I realized I had trashed a folder with over 3 GB of data and had emptied the trash. The folder was on an external hard drive so time machine didn't back that up. After reading some tips here, first I immediately shut down and restarted my computer. Then I simply did a "search/find" on the start up disk (computer hard drive) for the name of the folder (which I fortunately remembered) and there it was!! I simply dragged it to the desktop and it copied the folder and its entire contents over! SAVED!