Deleted music from Imac

Discussion in 'iPod' started by jtam, Sep 2, 2006.

1. jtam macrumors newbie

Jun 17, 2006
    This week I was deleting my son's account off my iMac. I hit the option to permanently delete everything. I forgot about his itunes!!! So, when he went on the other computer to sign on he must have hit to update on that computer and he wiped out everything on his ipod! So, my question there still a way to get the 'lost itunes" file off the hard drive of the deleted account? Needless to say, he is not happy - as in 600 songs not happy! :(
  2. aaron.lee2006 macrumors 65816

Feb 23, 2006
    Ontario, Canada
    Sorry to tell you, but I don't think there is anyway :( Unless he still has the music on the iPod HD. But with the way that you have explained things i think it is impossible now.
  3. EGT macrumors 68000

Sep 4, 2003
    He definitely wiped the iPod when connecting to the other computer? Check if it still has the songs when you use the iPod itself. If so, he could try an app. called Senuti to rip the songs from the iPod to computer. iPodrip is a similar app. Doesn't sound like this is the case though. :(

Why don't you have a backup of your iMac!? :mad: Seriously, you should have a backup for things like this.