Deleted my keychain!

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by Heart Break Kid, Apr 5, 2003.

1. Heart Break Kid macrumors 6502a

Feb 13, 2003
    i deleted a keychain file just now! i need to retrieve it or save it from the trash - undelete basically. is there anyway? ever since i deleted that file - the little box that says - click here to add to key chain - it doesnt appear anymore when i try to type a password to surf thru files on my network on another computer! :(

update - the file i deleted was from the keychains folder in the system folder. i went to system - library - keychain and accidently deleted the file with my username :|

anyone know how to undelete?
  2. Billicus macrumors 6502a

Apr 3, 2002
    Charles City, Iowa
    This is the only thing that's ever been able to recover my deleted files: Norton SystemWorks.
  3. The Shadow macrumors regular

Mar 25, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    I really have no idea, but noticed noone who does has told you how to solve the problem (presuming you have no luck with undelete).

I'm not sure of all the implications of your current situation, but if you just needed to restore you system, and worrying about adding yourself as a user etc later, perhaps you could download and install the latest 10.2.4 combo. It might fix up your system files.

Hope someone with some techo knowledge weighs in.

Good luck.

P.S. Sounds like something you might need to actually chat about to someone.