Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

leerkeller

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 1, 2011
Baltimore, MD
Today I was playing around with Logic Pro 8, specifically with guitar amp modeling plug-ins. I currently have Amplitube 3 and Guitar Rig 5 installed, and those two were available to be selected and worked fine. What surprised me was that Line 6 Pod Farm and Overloud TH2 were also available and working. I had demos of both of those programs installed at some point in the past, but deleted them and everything that went along with them. The fact that they are available and working in Logic means that they must be on my computer somewhere.

The other possibility, that seems quite unlikely is that both those programs are installed as part of the Logic package.

I am really curious to find out what is going on here, any further insight would be greatly appreciated.

paolo-

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2008
Actually, the audiounit plug-in (the part that Logic uses) is usually self contained in

/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Componenents

Removing the rest of the fluff that comes with it, usually stand-alone version of the plug-in, won't remove it.

leerkeller

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 1, 2011
Baltimore, MD
Actually, the audiounit plug-in (the part that Logic uses) is usually self contained in

/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Componenents

Removing the rest of the fluff that comes with it, usually stand-alone version of the plug-in, won't remove it.

Yeah, that is the issue. I feel sort of stupid for not figuring it out myself. I had to uninstall both the components and the vst files, which are also in /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins folder.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.