Deleted Safari

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by insomniac321123, Oct 30, 2006.

1. insomniac321123 macrumors 6502

My roomate accidentally deletd safari. How do we go about getting him a web browser now?

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

3. jessep28 macrumors 6502

jessep28

4. faustfire macrumors 6502a

faustfire

If I'm not mistaken, the problem is that with a deleted browser they cannot download a replacement browser.:)

5. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Sure you can...they can certainly use Firefox to their heart's content. And once they pull Safari off the install disc, it's just a matter of putting it in the Applications folder and starting it up.

6. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

How exactly do you go to the firefox website to download it if you don't have a browser? :)

7. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Get it on another machine and pop it on a CD or a flash drive or over a network...the possibilities are endless. :)

8. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

Well yeah, it's pretty easy if you have 5 computers in the house and a nice wireless network like myself. Not so easy if you are a single computer household. :)

It reminds me of when I used to call Verizon to complain that my DSL connection was out. The first thing the automated message says is use the verizon website for support :)

9. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Sure...but the OP is talking about his roommate and he clearly was able to post here, so I assume moving something to the roommate's machine is trivial.

And yes, Comcast suggests the same thing.

10. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

D'uh, well chalk it up to the late hour, didn't make the obvious jump that the OP obviously had access to a web browser to post here. :)

As my mother used to say "For someone who is supposedly smart, you can be dumb sometimes"

11. exorciser macrumors newbie

You can dl with Terminal.

example: $ wget http://mozilla..../install.dmg

All you need to know is address of install file.

Acctually, there is no wget command on Mac, but there is other solution with ftp command. ftp--help would help :)