deleted user

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by dekaderse, Jun 23, 2006.

1. dekaderse macrumors newbie

I purchased a mac from someone I deleted their user which was associated with some programs and now I can't access those programs even when I reinstalled them I get an error stating a program error can not open the program. Any help suggestions do I have to completely reformat my drive?

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I would reformat the drive of a second hand computer anyway because it's a quick and easy way to get things factory-fresh again. Having said that, if you can't be bother reinstalling we can still try and get these apps working. What are they? When you reinstalled them, did you remove all traces of the originals first?

Of course, if you plan on reinstalling, then the Archive & Install process is quite easy, safe and quick. :)

3. dekaderse thread starter macrumors newbie

programs

I'm trying to run pro tools and final cut pro. They worked on the powermac when I first got it but since I deleted the original user and placed myself as an administrator I've had trouble with both programs. I have taken them off the mac and reloaded them and still have had difficulties with both programs.

I will try your suggestion though and thanks