Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zoablive

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 24, 2008
Hi,
How do you delete all the contacts and calendar entries from my ipod touch,
Regards,

Zoablive

BaldiMac

macrumors G3
Jan 24, 2008
Just restore your iPod from within iTunes. If you want to put your music and other files back on the iPod, just be sure to uncheck the settings to sync contacts and calendars.

In fact, you may just be able to uncheck contacts and calendars and perform a sync. I'm not sure, but that may work.

Big Willie

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2008
If you have synced with MobileMe, simply go into your contacts and calendar settings on your touch and turn sync to off. That wipes whatever you turn off.

ICEBreaker

macrumors 6502
Aug 12, 2007
In fact, you may just be able to uncheck contacts and calendars and perform a sync. I'm not sure, but that may work.

Can anyone please confirm whether the above method would work? I am guessing it would simply stop future syncing but would not remove existing entries. Before I do any syncing, I want to know that it is possible to reverse the decision without having to manually delete each entry. Contacts and Calendar entries are of a very personal nature, and the lack of existing security to protect these data or a method to remove them completely is perplexing. I am always lending my device to colleagues/friends who want to use a certain application/game, but I don't want to disclose my personal info.

linnefaulk

macrumors newbie
May 22, 2008
Can anyone please confirm whether the above method would work? I am guessing it would simply stop future syncing but would not remove existing entries. Before I do any syncing, I want to know that it is possible to reverse the decision without having to manually delete each entry. Contacts and Calendar entries are of a very personal nature, and the lack of existing security to protect these data or a method to remove them completely is perplexing. I am always lending my device to colleagues/friends who want to use a certain application/game, but I don't want to disclose my personal info.

You are right. It does only prevent future syncing. I had to restore my iPod Touch to get rid of the info.

redheadedtrumpe

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2009
Delete all contacts from ipod

First download an app called private contacts (free). Add all your contacts to it. This takes them out of the regular address book on your ipod. then delete all your contacts (much easier than in address book). now sync with your computer. after this is done, you can delete the app.

underdognyc

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2010
If the thing that you're looking to do is remove the Calendar / Contacts on your iPod so that it doesn't end up getting merged with your MobileMe sync data (and causing annoying duplicates on all your systems), here's another option:

If you have a computer that has the Calendar / Contacts info that you're looking to replicate on your iPod, use the iTunes Info Tab for your device and check off the 'Sync Address Book Contacts' and 'Sync iCal Calendars' sections, then at the bottom of this screen in the Advanced section check off 'Replace information on this iPod' for Calendar & Contacts. Hit Apply and on your next sync (only) the data on your machine will overwrite the data on the iPod. After this is done you can uncheck the sync options so that you can go back to just syncing via MobileMe.

I realize this doesn't exactly answer the original question about deleting your Calendars / Contacts but when I was trying to work through this issue I found this post after related searching. I figured this info might cut out some leg-work for someone in the same quandary--

macdanl

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2010
w/iTunes 9.2, Touch 2G, and iOS 4

Just wanted to let everybody know, under the conditions in my title, all that need be done in iTunes is simply uncheck the boxes for "Sync iCal" or "...Address Book." iTunes will then prompt whether to erase previously synced info or not.

It's THAT easy!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.