deleting dave?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by excalibur313, Oct 16, 2003.

1. excalibur313 macrumors 6502a

excalibur313

how on earth do i delete dave? I tried searching for all files associated with dave and deleting them but that doesn't seem to be working. It didn't install correctly b/c it kept crashing so i installed the files but didn't get to set it up. what should i be looking for.
    thanks,
    Steve

2. agdickinson macrumors member

Deleting Dave

I have had the same sort of problem with DAVE.

If you re-run the installation program you will be given the choice to uninstall. Make sure that the 'System Preferences' has been shut down prior to running the installation program again.

This should then uninstall the DAVE software from you machine.

If you have a problem let me know, and I could take you through it.

Andrew

3. LMK macrumors newbie

Getting rid of DAVE on a new iMAC

I am providing tech support on a new iMac for a customer and I know very little about Mac's. Somehow in a transfer from her old macbook (which had DAVE) to her new IMac..Dave got transfered, but I keep getting DAVE kernal extensions could not be loaded! Error 1 - Operation not permitted.

I see three icons in System Preferences (under Other): DAVE Login, DAVE Network and DAVE Sharing. I can's seem to trash any of them and when I click on an icon I get the message: Preferences Error You cannot open DAVE Login preferences because it doesn't work on an Intel-based Mac

HELP!!!

4. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid you can't do that.