Deleting Microsoft Office Trial

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by GetGo, Mar 13, 2004.

1. GetGo macrumors regular

I am posting this here because the software section doesn't seem to have much activity. I installed Microsoft Office 2001 on my ibook. But when I click on an excel file it tries to open it in the new trial version of excel that came with the ibook, the trial has expired. So it gives me an option to but or it closes. Can I just drag Office X to the trash basket to get rid of it. Then it should open in office 2001 right.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. HexMonkey Administrator

HexMonkey

Staff Member

Generally deleting the application uninstalls the application, but I'm not sure specifically about MS Office. As an alternative though, you can select an Excel document, get info, select the old version of Office in the Open With section and click the Change All... button. Now all Excel documents will open in the old version (although you have to repeat this for every file type that opens in the new version of Office, eg .doc).

3. fartheststar macrumors 6502a

fartheststar

I had the same problem with OSX and Office X.

You must delete the trial copy (throw it all out in the trash) first, and THEN install your legit version of office. Otherwise it "says" it installs but really doesn't and doesn't give an error message saying it didn't install.

4. pbailey macrumors newbie

pbailey