Deleting photo ID from outgoing mail

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by dboston, Jun 14, 2008.

1. macrumors newbie

Deleting photo ID from outgoing mail. I'm new to Mac and I have a MAC OS X 10.5.2 Leopard. I have set up my mail system satisfactorily with one exception. Every outgoing mail carries a small photo 15mm x 15mm opposite the from and to address details at the top of the mail. I have no idea how it got there but more importantly I have no idea how to remove it. It does not appear on the blank mail, only when the mail is sent or printed.
    If anyone out there can help me on this I would sure appreciate it.
    dboston

2. macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

First, I'd recommend you run a Software Update to upgrade to 10.5.3, which is the most current release of Leopard. Second, which program are you using for mail? If it's Apple's Mail program, do you have a photo in your signature, or are you using any stationery?

3. macrumors 6502

I think you're talking about the User pic in the upper right hand corner, it only shows up when you receive an email from someone in your address book that has a pic associated with it. It doesn't get sent with the email and shouldn't show up on other computers. If you have a non-.mac webmail account try checking your email on their website to verify.

4. thread starter macrumors newbie

Many thanks guys. Turns out I had another card in my address book that carried the picture, and once I found the rogue card I could delete the picture. Appreciate the help.
    dboston