Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
http://help.apple.com/icloud/index.html#mmbc2c0a9e

1. you login to icloud.com (make an account if you already dont have one.)

2. click your picture or name in the top left corner of the page

3. click Advanced

4. then Reset Photo Stream

Hope it helps!

Just to let every 1 know there is a easy solution to this... Go to iCloud.com log in.. Click on ur name n go to advanced setting n there u will be able to reset your photo stream...hope this helps

simply follow these directions http://help.apple.com/icloud/index.html?lang=en#mmbc2c0a9e

It resets your photostream and deletes all photos from the stream.

This DOES NOT remove photostream from your iPhone or iPhoto. You MUST MANUALLY turn off photostream on both your iPhone and iPhoto. Then you can turn it back on to create a new blank fresh photostream.

AT LEAST THAT'S THE WAY IT IS UNTIL APPLE FIXES IT.

Awolfonroiss

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2011
Delete photos from iCloud

Ok we are all slightly tickd off that the pictures go right o photo stream yes I am also it is easy to solve go to the ICloud tag and then click that u want to disable it, then re enable it(photo stream btw) they should be gone, if not do it a few times. Worst coma to worst"delete" the iCloud account. After you can simply re log in, but photo stream is clear;)Play safely

bfranz

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2011
Phoenix
This DOES NOT remove photostream from your iPhone or iPhoto. You MUST MANUALLY turn off photostream on both your iPhone and iPhoto. Then you can turn it back on to create a new blank fresh photostream.

AT LEAST THAT'S THE WAY IT IS UNTIL APPLE FIXES IT.

This does work. Turn off photosteam on all devices/pcs, then log into iCloud.com, go to preferences, advanced and select reset photostream. You are now free of all photos.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
I'm so glad Apple replaced my perfectly working MobileMe Gallery which allows full controll with this fantastic service which does feck instead.

I mean for a company designing things that 'just work', this last 30 days only, no control or ability to delete individual photos = such a winning combination.

Seriously Apple have dropped the ball.

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
This does work. Turn off photosteam on all devices/pcs, then log into iCloud.com, go to preferences, advanced and select reset photostream. You are now free of all photos.

That's defeats the whole purpose. :confused:

If you turn off photostream on all devices/pc then photostream photos will be gone without the need to log in to iCloud.

rotorwing

macrumors newbie
Aug 2, 2010
That's defeats the whole purpose. :confused:

If you turn off photostream on all devices/pc then photostream photos will be gone without the need to log in to iCloud.

Wrong. If you don't reset photostream in iCloud the pictures will still come back when you turn photostream back on on all your devices

----------

It's real simple folks.

turn off photostream on all your devices first after you've saved the photos you want into another folder. GO TO iCLOUD AND RESET PHOTOSTREAM.

No more pictures on the cloud. It's that simple.

jawporta

macrumors member
Sep 4, 2007
I have the answer

Just download a camera app from the app store and take your kinky pictures with that camera. A good one is "Camera Plus"

I'm just saying...

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
Wrong. If you don't reset photostream in iCloud the pictures will still come back when you turn photostream back on on all your devices

That's absolutely false.

----------

It's real simple folks.

turn off photostream on all your devices first after you've saved the photos you want into another folder. GO TO iCLOUD AND RESET PHOTOSTREAM.

No more pictures on the cloud. It's that simple.

Ok your right ........ Worked this time :D

Pics never came back before until I tried it again just now.

I actually ended up with two photostream folders on my device before. So I'll say it's still slightly buggy.

roy.5432

macrumors newbie
Jun 6, 2011
I FOUND A WAY! :) On the iCloud site, you could click on your name/user, and click on advanced and it gives the option to wipe pictures from photostream on the cloud! :) Problem solved..

jdigsss

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2011
Deleting Photo Stream pics

This seemed to work for me :D

You need to Turn off Photo Stream on all your iOS devices. Did this for my iphone 4 and iPad. Which prompts you to delete all your photos in Photostream.

Then log onto your iCloud account on webbrowser >click on your name on top right which gets you into the account language / time zone settngs > click on advance > click on reset photo stream.

After this re-enable photo stream on iOS devices... Voila no more embarassing (naked) photos in iCloud

cheers!

JustinTMR

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2011
Did this EXACT thing... photos STILL came back... :(

You need to Turn off Photo Stream on all your iOS devices. Did this for my iphone 4 and iPad. Which prompts you to delete all your photos in Photostream.

Then log onto your iCloud account on webbrowser >click on your name on top right which gets you into the account language / time zone settngs > click on advance > click on reset photo stream.

After this re-enable photo stream on iOS devices... Voila no more embarassing (naked) photos in iCloud

cheers!

----------

to expand on my last message... it seems like the pictures don't come back on my iPhone, only my iPad.

Maltz

macrumors member
Mar 31, 2011
Did this EXACT thing... photos STILL came back... :(

Turn off photo stream on all iCloud devices, not just iOS devices. Computers, iPhones, iPads, everything. THEN log into iCloud's website to reset photo stream and that should fix it.

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
I'm so glad Apple replaced my perfectly working MobileMe Gallery which allows full controll with this fantastic service which does feck instead.

I mean for a company designing things that 'just work', this last 30 days only, no control or ability to delete individual photos = such a winning combination.

Seriously Apple have dropped the ball.
I couldn't agree more. It's an obvious oversight, so obvious I'm rather certain they thought of it and just didn't care.

capt81c

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2011
Deleting Photos from Photostream

If you go to http://www.icloud.com and login you can access your calenders, contacts, photostream and other things. There you will be able to delete the photos you have in photostream:) you have to click on your username in the top right hand corner and then select the "Advanced" tab. This will bring up the option to delete the photos on your photostream.

Last edited:

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
It's now a free service, so you're gonna lose some of the features of MobileMe, you can complain, but it's gonna do sweet FA.

Then give us the option to continue paying as I have done for the last decade for a working service rather than take away and replace with a free but flawed service.

Oh and as a mobile me user it automatically subscribed me to the €32 plus service - so not exactly free for some of us now is it.

scottisvenom

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2011
i know how to delete photos

log into iCloud.com, click on your account name, click advanced, you can delete the entire photostream..only the entire stream for now, but still

hooneyrob

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2011
United Kingdom
log into iCloud.com, click on your account name, click advanced, you can delete the entire photostream..only the entire stream for now, but still

There's seriously no way to delete the odd photo.. Just connected my daughters iPod and we now have loads of pictures of her model horses on iCloud.. Great!

teqnvia

macrumors newbie
Apr 28, 2008
Photo selection option

A manual option to select which photos to stream would be great. I use the camera on my phone for both family/friends and at work. I don't need work photos of machinery going to my photo stream. Hopefully next update.

redout

macrumors member
Mar 14, 2011
Dublin

cheers!

Tried this half a dozen times and keep getting the message 'Your photo stream could not be reset at this time due to a server error'

alv.10

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2011
Hi,

I've set up iCloud on my mac and iPhone and I turned on Photostream, which is an awesome thing to have. Every picture I take with my iPhone gets streamed to the cloud and to my iMac. But here's the annoying thing: EVERY picture I take with my iPhone gets streamed to the cloud. Now I have way too much photos of me in embarrassing situations and positions and I can't find a way to delete them. They all appear on my iMac and in the cloud. To be honest, that's not exactly what I want. So does anyone have an idea how to delete these photos? (I know they will be deletend in 30 days, but I want them deleted now.)

Go to your IPhone settings>ICloud>Photo Stream>off>delete..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.