Deleting songs from iTunes question...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Futurama56, Feb 14, 2007.

1. Futurama56 macrumors newbie

What happens when I hit the Apple key-Delete. The song is removed from my library but does not go to the trash. How do I delete these vanishing songs?

2. z00y0rk macrumors member

z00y0rk

Select the song you want to delete, push CMD + delete. A window should pop up saying "cancel" "keep files" or "move to trash". Select Move to trash and boop, you're done.

3. Sherman Homan macrumors 6502

Futurama56, do you get the dialog box that says:
    "Do you want to move...
    And the 'Cancel' 'Keep Files' 'Move to Trash' buttons?
    Hitting the Apple key and Delete keys together should bring that up!

4. Futurama56 thread starter macrumors newbie

My question is, I have hit delete before and never gotten confirmation, the song just goes away and is never physically deleted. So, the entry is gone from the library, but its still in my Itunes folder, how do I delete these songs permantely from my itunes folder, off the hard drive?

5. ezzie macrumors 68020

ezzie

are you hitting "delete" only, or :apple: + "delete"? you've said both in this thread. if you're doing it correctly and hitting :apple: + "delete", you will get the confirmation box. if you hit only "delete", you will only be able to choose whether or not you really want to delete the song from your library.

6. Futurama56 thread starter macrumors newbie

So if I only deleted it from the library is there anyway to do this, check songs in Itunes folder and compare to library so that they are always in sync, or a way to rebuild the library?