Deleting unwanted languages !!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Reaver, Mar 24, 2007.

1. Reaver macrumors 6502

I jsut recently decided to delete all my unwanted langauge files on my MBP and I downloaded whatsize and had it go thru the hard drive but I cant find what I am looking for. can someone point me in the right direction and also is there anything else I should get rid of I deleted Idvd, Iwork, and others I wasnt going to use is there anything else I should think about.

2. Reaver thread starter macrumors 6502

3. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

Since you are on an Intel Mac, if you want to use PPC programs using Rosetta, make sure you do not delete them. I think the info is in the Read-Me file...so look over it carefully. More info in the monolingual FAQs.

IIRC, It can be kind of a pain to reinstall the languages, so if there is any chance you will use one or more (say, Spanish or French for example), keep those and delete the others.

4. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

I usually use Delocalizer, it is less 'powerful' and consequently gives you less ability to delete necessary files accidentally.

5. phantasmagoria macrumors regular

Macaroni is a great piece of software which, among it's other scheduled regular maintenance tasks, can remove localised content.

Highly recommended! :)

6. epochblue macrumors 68000

epochblue

The first thing I do when I get a new Mac is reinstall OS X and remove everything I don't want (language translations are always the first to go). I don't know what it is about programs like Monolingual, but what they do kinda makes me nervous :)

I haven't really heard of anyone having problems after removing the unused language translations, but I still spazz over it :)