Delinquent Jury duty?

Discussion in 'Community' started by WannabeSQ, Dec 5, 2002.

1. WannabeSQ macrumors 6502

I remember, I got a jury summons over 2 years ago, and did nothing about it, they did not call, send a reminder, nothing. I renewed my registration at the DMV and they only found a parking ticket i hadnt paid. Do I need to be worried about this? Is there anything I can do? I live in California if that makes a difference. Is there a statute(sp?) of limitations on this?

2. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Each state has their own laws regarding jury duty. You should check with your local Jury Commission.

In MA we have mandatory jury duty every 3 years. Failure to respond to the summons can result in conviction and a fine up to $2,000.00. Showing up for the 1st day and if not selected, then service is satisfied for 3 years. Usual length is not >3days.

It is after all our civic duty!

3. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

I love jury duty calls. I show up, say I'm a lawyer and most of the time I'm gone instantly. If that doens't work, I just sit and glare at the defendant without shifting my gaze. Works everytime.

4. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Last time I went, the person on trial was a non-english speaking male in their 20s - that had broken into a 70+ yr. old woman's house and robbed, raped, and assaulted her.

Definitely one I did not wish to stick around for, luckily I was sent home.