Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

applesith

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 11, 2007
Manhattan
I've been refreshing my tracking and it updated to Delivery Exception in red on FedEx's site. I called freaking out and FedEx rep checked with supervisor and they are overloaded. New delivery time is by 8pm local time. Not 3pm.

This is very frustrating. I could have just gone to the store because they are sitting there piled up.

2d6wpx0.jpg

Edit: Site shows 7:00pm as new time, but the rep said it's indeed 8pm. This is such a mess.

Last edited:

aka777

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2012
I've been refreshing my tracking and it updated to Delivery Exception in red on FedEx's site. I called freaking out and FedEx rep checked with supervisor and they are overloaded. New delivery time is by 8pm local time. Not 3pm.

This is very frustrating. I could have just gone to the store because they are sitting there piled up.

This is why I prefer UPS.

100Teraflops

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2011
Elyria, Ohio
FedEx is overwhelmed for sure, but it's no excuse as they had all week to prepare for deliveries today. I totally understand people's frustration. My Ipad is due by 3 PM without the delivery exception notice, I shall see!

applesith

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 11, 2007
Manhattan
FedEx is overwhelmed for sure, but it's no excuse as they had all week to prepare for deliveries today. I totally understand people's frustration. My Ipad is due by 3 PM without the delivery exception notice, I shall see!

I asked about my other one coming today for my sister. I still see 3pm for that, but she said ALL Apple packages are now by 8pm tonight.

h1r0ll3r

macrumors 68040
Dec 28, 2009
Maryland
Mine still says 3pm (fingers crossed)

I do loathe FedEx though so it wouldn't surprise me if they pulled this crap on me.

haphazard

macrumors newbie
Aug 6, 2011
If I had known FedEx was going to be this late, I would have just gone to the numerous Apple retail stores in my area. Didn't anticipate there being a lot of iPads in stock.

I might go to the Apple Store and buy a 32GB version and refund the 16GB FedEx is delivering to me when I get it. Decisions, decisions. :rolleyes:

levitynyc

macrumors 65816
Aug 19, 2006
I'm hoping mine doesn't come til late. I'm at work and I dont want to have to drive 25 miles to pick it up tonight.

Hoggles

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2012
Portlandia
Apple dropped the ball a little bit...

Preorders where indeed, somewhat useless. I hope mine comes early today.

Hey...be grateful you're not one of the people who ordered a little late and won't get it shipped for days....weeks.

Those people have a right to be a tad pissy. Ya, seems like in pretty much every city, you can walk in, no waiting and pick one up.

Preorders should have delivered on the 15th...that would have been the "cool" thing to do by Apple.

aka777

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2012
Oh the irony that the preorders are delayed, while those who purchased in-store literally walked in.

I just wish I could have ordered using UPS. FEDEX is just not that good with busy periods.

Swiss Miss

macrumors member
Jun 20, 2010
Orlando, FL
Mine moved from 3:00 to 4:30PM, I guess I shouldn't complain. The FedEx guy always comes later in the afternoon to my house anyways. I hope he gets here soon!

kallyq

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2010
Mine says by 10pm. I'm hoping it will still come at around the regular time though because I need to go to work after it comes! haha Going to work at 10pm would be weird (office is closed at 8)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.