Delivery Help - MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by saxondale., Oct 27, 2006.

1. saxondale. macrumors 6502

[​IMG]
    It was meant to be shipped on the 31st, arrive 7th. Shipped today, 27th, arrive the 8th...how come?

Also, whats merge in transit GB? where is it shipping from? :S

How come my other stuff is coming on the 8th and not earlier...?

Thanks

2. mdntcallr macrumors 65816

mdntcallr

The units are shipped from China. The but.... if it did ship, maybe they shipped it sooner and on a different express route. To get it their about same time, but save money on shipping.

to be honest though, last time i ordered stuff, some items did arrive sooner than the expected info.

You should wait a couple days, check for airborne/DHL tracking information. you can get a better idea on the shipping info from there.

3. mowenbrown macrumors newbie

When I got my iBook and it shipped the delivery dates didn't update, and it still got here in two days.

Waiting on the exact same MPB, so I hope that's the case again

4. sulhaq macrumors regular

sulhaq

Mine was also supposed to ship on the 30th, one day before you, and it shipped on the 27th. I think they assembled bulk of new batches of mbps that day and covered all the shipments for people that ordered it in the first week of the release of C2D.

Now, mine's shipped via FedEx and it's due to arrive on November 1. So, I'd assume whatever the delay is it's because of the company they used to ship your product. Where are you located and don't you have a tracking number? Use that to find out what company they used to ship your machine.

5. stevehp macrumors 6502

I ordered mine the day C2D came out and it says it will ship November 7th!!! Standard shipping is like 8-12 days they say...I may not have this for another half-month!!! I ordered a 17 inch though.

I hope it comes sooner.

6. sulhaq macrumors regular

sulhaq

Yes there seems to be a shortage of the 17'' models. No retail store seems to have it and estimated shipping on the online store was 10 days last I checked. Logical to think they're not assembling those as much as the 15'' model since it is less ordered.

7. saxondale. thread starter macrumors 6502

I live in England. I cant track it since i dont know the company, unless its merge in transit. never heard of them, my iMac 24" came by TNT.

8. maverick808 macrumors 65816

maverick808

You should be able to track it. See that tracking number? Click that link and it takes you to the shipping status page. On that page look for "Delivery Reference Number" on the left pane that starts with 80xxxxxx. Copy that number and put it into the Apecode website at http://www.apecode.com/appletrack/.

9. danielbriggs macrumors 6502

Merge in Transit, is NOT a shipping company. What it means is the order will be put together on route, as the parts arrive from all different locations. I.e. as you ordered more than one thing. The MBP will come from China, meet up with the case from Germany or where ever, and the mouse from Japan, etc. and all 3 boxes will be put into one, before you get it. Then when all objects are in the UK, they will assign a courrier, for the final package, then you get tracking etc.

Hope that helps!

Dan :)

10. zenvision macrumors regular

hey saxondale, mine is EXACTLY the same, it was meant to ship on the 31st and delivered on the 7th, but was shipped on the 27th and delivery has changed to the 8th...it is confusing i know!

I'm guessing we'll get our MBP's on the same day...hopefully sooner than the 8th :)

11. saxondale. thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for clearing that up. Well it looks like it will be the 8th, since the 5th,6th are the weekends. Probably be sent out on the 7th from a place in England or something like that

12. majorp macrumors 6502

mines exactly the same. im hoping it will arrive sometime next week!

13. saxondale. thread starter macrumors 6502

14. saxondale. thread starter macrumors 6502