delivery time in the UK?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by lion, May 31, 2005.

1. lion macrumors newbie

Hello everyone..

I would like to know from those in the UK how long it takes to receive your computer after placing your order in the apple website. I heard that it takes 3 weeks..is that true?!!!

2. vouder17 macrumors 6502a

vouder17

well the best way to check would be on the apple order status page..Linky that is if you have ordered an apple product already and have the order number etc. The shipping times are also usually just given under the product in the apple store..

3. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    depends on what you order and when you order it.

The Apple Store will tell you when it's usually despatched from them - within 24 hours, 1-2 business days etc. Then you need to add another 3-5 working days for TNT to get it from wherever it is to you. My sister ordered her eMac direct from Apple on a Saturday and it arrived with her on the Friday.

If you order a new product on the day it's released or a Buy To Order, then it can take a little longer; it will depend on initial demand in the case of a new product and if the parts/labour resource are available for it if a BTO (if there are a lot of BTOs going through, then it will take longer than people buying stock models).

4. selkie macrumors newbie

my new Imac took 2 weeks from the order date - they come all the way from Shanghai with TNT - worth the wait? absolutely :D

5. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

If you choose a BTO spec it usually takes a while longer, i remember when i ordered my 3g ipod with engraving it took ages to arrive like 3 weeks...