Delivery time?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by BlackDan, Nov 16, 2005.

1. BlackDan macrumors 6502

I urgently need a BTO Powermac G5. My local supllier says it will take me anything from 3 to 6 weeks to get the machine. The Apple website says 5-7 days.

In my experience the apple store changes it's delivery dates sometimes AFTER you have ordered it, so I was wondering if any of you recently ordered a BTO dual G5 with 23" Cinema Display and how long you had to wait for delivery. (This might be different from country to country I suppose, so if you're from Belgium that would be the best reference)

The machine I need is a dual 2Ghz, the BTO includes only basic RAM upgrade (2Gb) and video upgrade (256MB).

Please share your recent experiences...

Thanks in advance
    Danny

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Apple site is usually acurate in terms of how long before it ships. However after it ships is anybodys guess.

G5's ship from Ireland, so I can't imagine it would take too long to get to you via courier.

3. Bear macrumors G3

Machines usually ship on time to Apple's quote. Remember your local store is adding time for it to be shipped to them and such.

A suggestion might be for you to get a 2.3 standard config (which gets you a bigger disk and the 256MB 6600) and then add 2 GBs of memory (giving you 2.5 total) this might get you a system off the shelf basically.

4. alien macrumors member

4 weeks and counting...

I've been waiting about a month and have almost the same config.

5. BlackDan thread starter macrumors 6502

That is indeed an option, though at a higher cost.... :(