Dell 2005FPW - under $400 + tax (where applicable)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by jeremy.king, May 17, 2005.

1. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

Just ordered mine after unsuccessful attempts here.

http://www.techbargains.com/dellcoupons.cfm

Use the 35% off + $90 off $750 purchase + free shipping deal. Need to add something to your cart to push the total over $750 (before discounts). The cheapest item I found was a ten pack of CD-Rs with cases for $10. Decided not to waste time trying to find something cheaper.

These do go fffasssssssssstttttttt........

Enjoy!

2. lazyboy922 macrumors 6502

lazyboy922

You can order a mp3 belkin cup holder thing for $6.96 or something like that. THat is what I did. Just ordered mine on Saturday, and ups says it will be here on Thursday. I can't wait! my total came to $433 I believe with tax.

3. macbaseball macrumors 6502a

macbaseball

A very similar deal wasposted a few days ago. I find it odd that Dell would make the same coupons twice in a row. They usually don't do that ...

4. jeremy.king thread starter macrumors 603

jeremy.king

True, however those deals posted in that thread expired and these new ones started yesterday.

What we really need is just a dedicated 2005FPW price tracker thread, maybe even a sticky with just the codes to use - without all the unnecessary input of people bashing us for not buying an Apple display.

5. macbaseball macrumors 6502a

macbaseball

Sorry, I changed what I wrote, because I realized what happened, before you posted. I agree about a sticky. I think it should be limited to just posting prices and thanks for coupons, because otherwise, like you said it will turn into a Apple/Dell bashing thread.

6. jeremy.king thread starter macrumors 603

jeremy.king

Just like the thread you linked too. ;) :)

7. Passante macrumors 6502a

Passante

tell us what you think about the Dell

No bashing from me. Let us know how good/bad your monitors are.

8. macbaseball macrumors 6502a

macbaseball

Lol, exactly.

9. NtotheIzoo macrumors regular

Yeah, I bought one of these boys on Sunday, it says it shipped yesterday, dont have a arrival date yup...i cant wait till it gets here...i'll let you all know how it goes...i really excited :D

edit:
    just checked...says it'll be here tomorrow, shipped by dhl...Yippeeee!!!! :D

10. jeremy.king thread starter macrumors 603

jeremy.king

Picked it up on Friday. Total cost was $426. I got to say this thing is impressive. No dead pixels, thankfully. I'm already thinking about another for work for my IBM G40 craptop.

I hooked up my DP867 PM with its GeForce4 MX and, much to my surprise, it drives it beatifully . I made one small adjustment to contrast using the Accessibility preference (is that even the right place to do it) as it seems to dull/lighten the dark colors just a tad. I also calibrated which seemed to sharpen the display even more. I also hooked up my mini via VGA and it drives it too at the native 1680x1050 resolution.

I got to say this was one excellent deal and I am very pleased. Even the wife was impressed which is hard to do - as now the 17" CRT has been retired.

The only thing to note is that with the resolution, I actually had to increase my browsers' minimum font size to 12pt so I could actually read some websites who use the "tiniest" of fonts.

If you need more info, just PM.

11. Chrispy macrumors 68020

Chrispy

I ordered mine just over a month ago when you could get them for about $350 if you used dell's credit line. I got it and paid the credit back and it has been great. It came in 3 business days of when I ordered and has been an absolutely great monitor. Snag one of these babies while they are nice and cheap.