Dell 20in widescreen or two 17's

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by jer446, Apr 18, 2005.

1. jer446 macrumors 6502a

I need a new monitor, and i would be getting a new video card anyways. I was going to get a dell 20 inch widescreen, for 486 shipped, but then i thought, why not just get two 17's?

Wouldnt two 17's be better than one 20 if its the same price?
    How could i hook this up to my computer? I want dvi.
    There has to be some reason why people dont do this, so thats why i am asking here.
    I dont play games, just do a little photoshop, lots of internet.

2. supergod macrumors 6502

Really matters what you're using it for. If you're using any pro app, than two 17s would probably be cool, but then again I use Logic and it is perfect on my 20" widescreen Dell. I would recommend the 20" because for most everday stuff it will be more enjoyable to use, it's better for watching movies and such and it saves a lot of space as far as wiring and clutter. It's just a really good deal.

3. macbaseball macrumors 6502a

macbaseball

I would get the 20 inch. It's much more logical/practical to buy one monitor than two. It's going to be much better for what you use your computer for.

4. jer446 thread starter macrumors 6502a

well, for movies, its not a big deal because i have it going threw svideo to my tv. But is it annoying using two monitors all the time??

5. macbaseball macrumors 6502a

macbaseball

In my opinion it is, but I haven't used dual monitors extensively, so my opinion doesn't really count. I think it would be helpful if you were doing professional levels tasks, but for just surfing the web, your probably better of getting the 20.

6. Toreador93 macrumors regular

I'll just repeat what's been already said.

If you can see yourself using the two monitors for some kind of pro-tool, many hours a day, most days a week, it would be worth it.

Under any other circumstances, you'd probably enjoy a 20" widescreen more.

Take a look at THIS to see how I use my widescreen.

Yes, that's a start button in the corner :(

7. jimsowden macrumors 68000

jimsowden

Winblows soudn't be able to load Macrumors, or maybe it's the other way round.