Dell 24" and bootcamp enquiry.

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by MRU, Feb 7, 2007.

1. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I remember reading some threads a good while ago about problems with the 24" displays on bootcamp, and wondered if they had been corrected as yet.

I have ordered a 24" dell and would like to know if its compatible, or will I need to keep my 20" ACD plugged in.

Many thanks :)

2. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

I use a Dell 2407WFP in both OSX and XP under Boot Camp with no problems. :)

If I remember there was an issue with the 24" iMacs booting with a black screen under Boot Camp.

3. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

^ Thanks Arkitect :)

I remembered somthing about it, and couldnt remember the overall gist and what monitors were affected. :)

4. akadmon macrumors 68010

No problems here either, Being able to surf the Web in portrait mode is SWEET, although I do occasionally get a sore neck from looking up :) Hopefully Leopard will allow portrait mode on the Mac side of things.

5. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

You can already do this... In the displays sections of the system preferences you can rotate your display.

6. akadmon macrumors 68010

You sure about that? Apparenly this features works only with the ATI cards. I have Nvida in My Mac Pro and this option is not available.

7. Freyqq macrumors 68040

i have an nvidia card too in my pb but there is no option for it =\. Is there any freeware or new drivers etc that could get portrait to work? Thanks!