Dell 2405 (or ACD) eye strain?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Poeben, Jul 26, 2005.

1. Poeben macrumors 6502

Jul 29, 2004
    So I have been using my new 24" Dell (I know) for the past few days and have noticed that my eyes get really tired within a few hours or less. I am used to CRTs where I could use it for over 8 hours straight with no problems. Even other lcds I have used didn't seem to affect me. So my question is, anyone else experience increased eye strain/headache with a large lcd display? Wonder if my eyes just need to get used to it.
  2. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

Jul 23, 2003
    Austin, Texas
    LCD's are usually a lot easier on the eyes (compared to CRT's) because they do not truly "refresh" like CRT's do. I don't have any troubles with my 2005FPW. It treats my eyes well :)
  3. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

May 8, 2004
    I Live Where I Live
    When i first got my 23er (yeah laugh with your big 24's, yeah laugh) i got a headache using it for the first time... moving from a 17 to a 23 was a lil' big. :cool:
  4. .Andy macrumors 68030

Jul 18, 2004
    The Mergui Archipelago
    Yeah I've got no problems with my ACD at all. At first I did get a little sea-sickness especially when playing games. Now I find it very nice though. My eyes do get a bit sore going back to the eMac I have at work now though. Just give it some time and I'm sure you'll get used to it. Have you turned the brightness down a little? I've read that the Dells backlights are blistering at full power.

If you're doing it it's also not a good idea not to have the room totally dark and the panel on full brightness as that will strain your eyes. Always have some ambient lighting in the room - that gives your eyes some depth and reference.

(I think the ACD is actually very pleasant on my eyes. Even when it's not on I've regularly been urged to stroke the smooth cool aluminium :D :eek:).*