Dell 2405FPW power reset problem on Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ramihu, Apr 26, 2005.

1. ramihu macrumors newbie

Apr 26, 2005
    Boise, Idaho
    Just got Dells 2405FPW for my Dual 2.5 Powermac. Worked great the first two days, then started to just turn itself off and restart every couple of minutes. Tried Dell support but got disconnected after 2.5 hours. Anyone else have this problem? I don't think it my new Mac, but then again, it does loose the mouse pointer after running for a couple of days... Anyone?
  2. Detron macrumors newbie

Aug 14, 2005
    Had the same problem(I guess)

Hi Ramihu,

Just got my 2405FPW the other day and its awesome...
    I had the same issues(I guess) as you, the display reset itself every now and then. But reset is not the correct way describing the problem; the display simply faded out, the way OS X does it when it's about to Log Out current user(or similar operations).
    That made me a little suspicious because that "symptom" is made purely in software, not by the 2405FPW itself.
    So I began twisting the connectors on the 2405FPW side and voila! When I touched the DVI connector, everything froze, mouse, keyboard, the little digital watch in the menubar in Finder. So it simply turned out that it was a problem of the DVI connection, my Gfx board simply lost connection with the 2405FPW and made a soft reset. Tightened the screws on the DVI connector and everything is back to normal.

Hope my description above helps you and good luck!