Dell 2407 Color Correction Pantone Huey

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by emac901, Nov 17, 2006.

1. emac901 macrumors newbie

Nov 10, 2006
    I was planning on getting a color correction device for my monitor no matter if got the ACD or the Dell so please try not to tell me why Dell sucks and the ACD is perfect. Does anyone have any experience with the Pantone Huey? I am going to be using my mac pro for mainly Illustrator, PhotoShop, and web design and I want to make sure that I am seeing the colors the way they will print.

2. asencif macrumors 6502

Dec 21, 2005
  3. emac901 thread starter macrumors newbie

Nov 10, 2006
    Too late. I already have the Dell 2407. I don't think that it will be a big deal, but I cannot go back now. I was just wanting to know if anyone had any experience using the Pantone Huey with the Dell 2407.
  4. irishgrizzly macrumors 65816

May 15, 2006
    @ emac901

I've got a 20" dell that I've yet to calibrate – only got it last week. In work I use a LaCie CRT as they give great colour repo. But from comparing some jobs I've done to the origanal PDFs on the dell, I'd say the colour is good.

From my experience the majority of people posting here are more into the apple brand and less about productivity. (Sorry, but this is just my experience!) You may be better posting this question in a different forum, somewhere purley design orientated.
  5. asencif macrumors 6502

Dec 21, 2005
    Well the comparison is really between the 24 inch Dell and 23 inch ACD. The color is more compensated by cutting some corners in the 24" inch by Dell in that model. When talking about the 20 inch models then there is hardly a difference except for aesthetics on the Apple side and more input options on the Dell. I believe both the Dell and ACD 20" models use S-IPS panel on their displays, along with the same amount of colors.
  6. Passante macrumors 6502a

Apr 16, 2004
    on the sofa
    I have the Huey and greatly narrowed the difference between what I see on my screen and what prints out on my Epson r800. Worth the $80 or whatever it costs. There is also a SPider calibrator for a little over $100.