Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

patseguin

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 28, 2003
Anyone have this monitor? I have the revision "A02" and it has been flawless (I thought). When I got my Mac Pro, I noticed during setup when the window spun like a cube I saw a purple ghosting effect in the animation. I've also noticed it doing certain things in finder. I have not noticed it in WoW but I noticed it quite a bit in UT2004. Is this a hardware issue with the monitor or maybe some issue with the Mac Pro/7300GT card? I don't really recall seeing this effect on my PM G5/x800XT.

ipodcentral112

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2006
patseguin said:
Anyone have this monitor? I have the revision "A02" and it has been flawless (I thought). When I got my Mac Pro, I noticed during setup when the window spun like a cube I saw a purple ghosting effect in the animation. I've also noticed it doing certain things in finder. I have not noticed it in WoW but I noticed it quite a bit in UT2004. Is this a hardware issue with the monitor or maybe some issue with the Mac Pro/7300GT card? I don't really recall seeing this effect on my PM G5/x800XT.

I think it is a monitor problem but you can simply check by trying it with a different computer and seeing if you have the same problem!

poppe

macrumors 68020
Apr 29, 2006
Woodland Hills
You guys like the 2407 though? I know they get great reviews and there is a huge following on here.

But man $709 for that puppy... I really want it though so I can play gCube, Wii and Video edit all in my dorm...

How does the picture in picture work? The dell guy said you could set the resolution? Does that work ok?
He also said that you can split the screen in half. How is that working for you all if any of you do that?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.