dell 3007WFP for 1275 from Costco... deal or not?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by bearbo, Mar 17, 2007.

1. bearbo macrumors 68000

bearbo

As I sold my Dell 1907 recently on this forum because I want to get a bigger monitor, I come across the Dell 3007WFP (dell.com, costco.com).

It appears to be quite a deal, until I looked into the specs, it seems like the specs listed on the Costco's website is somewhat different than that is listed on Dell's website.

For instance, the contrast ratio is 700:1 (costco) while 1000:1 (dell)...
    but the brightness is 400 (costco) while 300 (dell)
    and response time is 11 (costco) while 14 (dell)
    and view angle is 179 (costco) while 178 (dell) (not that one degree is THAT different, but i wonder where the discrapency come from)

does anyone know if that means the costco is of a previous revision (but why the higher specs in the latter three categories)?

Thanks!

2. Multimedia macrumors 603

Multimedia

NOT NO DEAL Buy 30" Refrub from Dell for only $1049

3007WFP Is Now A Discontinued Model.

Dell is selling them for $1049 in their Outlet store online.

Currently out of stock. Bookmark the link and keep checking. They will come back.

Dell has now started exclusively selling a NEW 30" screen with a higher color gamut called the 3007WFP-HC for $1699.

3. bearbo thread starter macrumors 68000

bearbo

what's HC?

so the one sold on dell's website is indeed better? how?

thanks

edit: is the refubished one from dell's webiste the HC one or the.. well, non-HC one?

4. macdaddy121 macrumors 6502a

I believe the one on Dell's refurb site is non HC

5. Multimedia macrumors 603

Multimedia

You Want The Best Or The Cheapest?

Dell Outlet is selling old 3007WFP refurbs $1049 while the main Dell site is selling the new 3007WFP-HC for $1699 with the new wide color Gamut.

Wide Color Gamut at Wiki is new broader color display capability thanks to a new Cold Cathode Florescent Lamp that's starting to be used in some LCD monitors and HDTVs like Samsung and Sony. You get to see more of the color spectrum with these new screens.

If you want the best, that would be the HP LP3065 30" with both wide color gamut and 3 Dual Link DVI Inputs for only $1580 at Tiger Direct. 3 Way Dual Link DVI Switches are $800. So if you have more than one Mac you want to hook to the 30" like a MBP and a Mac Pro or (God Forbid) a PC, then the HP is the way to go.

Attached Files:

6. Multimedia macrumors 603

Multimedia

Attached Files:

7. Multimedia macrumors 603

Multimedia

Yes Dell Outlet 3007WFP Is NON HC As I Wrote

Yes I wrote above they are selling the discontinued 3007WFP for $1049 at the Dell outlet. That is obviously the NON-HC Version.

Anyone care to comment on the HP LP3065 30" with 3 DL DVI Inputs for $1580 option?

8. bearbo thread starter macrumors 68000

bearbo

i like it! but i wonder how's the re-sale value of this might be in the future?

both ACD and dell i can kinda count on the price not to dip tpp much, but do you know how will this hold up?

also do you know what panel type does this use? namely is it S-PVA or S-IPS

9. bearbo thread starter macrumors 68000

bearbo

can someone who used both HC and non-HC (preferbally on the Dell) tell me how much of a difference HC makes, both in term of everyday use and digital photography editing use, thanks

10. Multimedia macrumors 603

Multimedia

Forget About HC If You Want To Save $600

Few have that experience yet. HC monitors have only been for sale for a few months since January and at Dell only since a couple of weeks ago.

Don't worry about resale value and HC. I am looking at a NON-HC Dell 30" right now as I write this and it's great. Look at the difference in price. Monitor the outlet and score a $1049 30" 3007WFP man. You'll love it and probably be able to sell it - why would you want to sell it I have no idea - for $900 or even $1,000 later.