Dell coupon code errors...

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by mrgreen4242, Jan 27, 2006.

1. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

Dell just closed up a "small" error in their online store that took 55% off of pretty much anything. I managed to get an order in (just) before they did, but I'm wondering if anyone has ever had Dell cancel and order on them due to a pricing error (in your favor)?

Just curious what the likelyhood of me actually getting my stuff is... :)

2. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

I've had Dell cancel an order without my permission because something was out of stock, even though when I ordered it, it was in stock. I wrote some strongly worded emails and received a $100 coupon from it. Good luck.

3. mrgreen4242 thread starter macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

Cool, thanks for the info... I figure if I get the order I can make a few hundred easy bucks, if not I will spend the next couple weeks emailing and calling them until they give me something free. $100 would be very nice, I'd even take $50 and call it a good day.

It's listed as "in production" right now, and to ship on or by 2/2, so they have plenty of time to cancel it. They charged my account already though (debit card... the money is already out of my checking account) so I figure that there must be some consumer protection law that will help me...

4. mrgreen4242 thread starter macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

Well, Dell cancelled my order, so it's moot... I am gonna call and see if I can get something out of 'em!

5. yankeefan24 macrumors 65816

yankeefan24

If dell doesn't cooperate, bring them to the press. It might not be illegal, but (im not sure if you can do this out side of NYC) if you call up your local news station, and tell that about what dell did. They will find go to dell hq, figure it all out, and expose them on the 10 and 5 P.M. news. I've seen this numerous times, and almost always, some action is taken. Its like putting out an ad for dell, that gets displayed on tv for free. They might not accept it, or they might not do it in your area, but if they do, your in luck.

6. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

7. cr2sh macrumors 68030

cr2sh

8. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

So does my signature ;)

I'll see what I can do!

9. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

I had LaCie try this when I bought my external dvd burner as it was listed with Toast Ti. and they didn't want to. So out went the screen shot of the page with the heading and all...they sent me the retail box of Toast Ti. with a thanks for buying from them.
    If I buy online I always do a screen capture for that just incase chance...
    Good luck mrgreen4242