Dell Dude Busted for Pot

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by iLikeMyiMac, Sep 11, 2004.

1. iLikeMyiMac macrumors 6502a

iLikeMyiMac

Dude, You're getting arrested for drug possession.

2. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Dude, you're dragging up old news. :rolleyes:

Tuesday, February 11, 2003

There's a thread here on this newsworthy story, which got the guy fired by Dell, but mercifully it's in the archive. ;)

3. iLikeMyiMac thread starter macrumors 6502a

iLikeMyiMac

4. Elan0204 macrumors 65816

Elan0204

I always wondered why they suddenly stopped using him in ads.

5. King Cobra macrumors 603

Yeah, and he was jailed.

It's old news, but for the select few that didn't bother/think to investigate why the son of a gun hasn't been on television, well... it's your lucky day.

6. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

He's in a t.v. advertisement for gamez'n'flicks.com, a rental service, these days.

7. Dr. Dastardly macrumors 65816

Dr. Dastardly

I don't see what the big deal is, you would think someone would have be completely stoned to buy a Dell anyway.

8. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

MongoTheGeek

Its not so much where you are as when you are.
    I thought it was because
    1) he was getting too old.
    2) he sucked.

9. Dr. Dastardly macrumors 65816

Dr. Dastardly

Why is Ellen Feiss so popular? Maybe its her voice or her typical "whatever" attitude but she just irks the hell out of me.

10. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

MongoTheGeek

I don't think that she is "popular" I think she is popular to deride. :cool:

11. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

That is sad that he had turned to drugs. Could have been too much money and too much time. His life is a lot to handle for a young man. Hope that he will learn his lesson.

12. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

Wow that was a long time ago... the article was posted Feb 11, 2003.... I guess I was thinking it was more recent... not that it matters I guess...

13. evoluzione macrumors 68010

evoluzione

down the road, that's where i'll always be

it's not sad he's "turned to drugs". it's sad for him he f'ed up a sweet deal. he was in the Lower East Side, it's casual especially there, and it's NYC, it happens, a lot. Makes no difference whether he had to much money, if he was broke he probably still would have smoked it. cigarettes and alcohol are drugs too don't forget (both possibly worse than marijuana too - and i've never smoked either so i'm not as biased like some). I don't think he has ~that~ much to handle, no more than anyone else, especially in NYC.

14. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

Uh, he's 22, and an acting student in NYC. That he was buying a little pot makes him normal. it surely doesn't constitute "turning to drugs". relatively speaking, marijuana is barely a drug, considering how much stronger alcohol is... also, "the dell dude" as a character was pretty clearly a stoner, so this should have been no surprise.

keep in mind here, 1 in 25 americans regularly smoke pot... that means people you work with, clerks at stores, people you see on the street... making it seem too insidious winds up sounding naive.

paul

15. iloveapple macrumors newbie

iloveapple

Maybe that is why he liked windows.He was so drugged up

16. Brother Michael macrumors 6502a

Brother Michael

Well said Paul.

Mike

17. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

dude, i think at least 80% of mac users have tried pot or are stoned right now, as opposed to the "square" community of windoze users.

18. jhu macrumors 6502a

jhu

yes, somewhat like our current and former president. oh yes, one didn't inhale, and the other only did cocaine. hmm....

19. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

MongoTheGeek

The one before that as well Bush 41 took marijuana. God only know what Reagan did. People thought the 60s were wild, the 30s and 40s were far beyond that except it was legal and given by doctors.

20. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I grew up in the 60's. It was in rural Ohio. To my knowledge no one in my class used any drugs other than occasional alcohol. Illegal drugs just weren't on our radar screen.

21. Apple //e macrumors 6502

having gone thru art school in the 90s and used every natural drug extensively, let me tell you that alcohol and tobacco are far worse for the body than pot, and the "high" is much worse in comparison.

pot and hashish are very harmless and quite fun. you should give it try before you blow off one of natures gift to humanity. getting high is a natural desire for the human being.

just because a drug is illegal doesnt make it bad. fellatio is illegal in many places but is quite exquisite.

illegality of certain "drugs" has made criminals out of otherwise normal people, raised prices, and lowered the acceptable quality of the "stuff" to substandard levels. schwag = cow dung

my point is :

try it :)

22. evoluzione macrumors 68010

evoluzione

down the road, that's where i'll always be

cheers fella, that was pretty much what i was trying to say in the post right before yours. it was early (for me) when i tuped that though, and had yet to have my second cup of tea :)

23. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

Understood, it's easy to forget one's place in time... my generation has always kind of treated pot as something some people do, if they're not trying to get totally out-of-control like you do on alcohol. So drugs have never been *off* my radar, and my attitude shows that.

evoluzione, i got ya :) I've never made a deal so poorly that the cops saw it, so i'm surprised as well. Sometimes an arrest is just a reminder to be more careful... even if you've got the celebrity status of "the dell dude". but still, what did he do, take out a billboard? "Dell Dude Buying Pot Right Here, Gather 'Round"...

paul

24. cr2sh macrumors 68030

cr2sh

I thought they said pot was the gateway drug.