Dell Inspiron Laptop

Discussion in 'Community' started by Mr. Anderson, Jun 12, 2002.

1. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

For what ever reason, Dell has decided to put fake burlwood palm rests option on their new Laptop - gag, ack!

Pretty friggin funny. I'm sure this is to make all the executives feel more warmly towards their laptop, and maybe go with their nice executive desk....

Attached Files:

2. britboy macrumors 68030

britboy

Heh heh... 'luxury' laptops? Ha!

That's a cute touch. I still prefer my titanium.

3. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

Wow!!

That Dell has little triangles of fake poo on it!! How appropriate! :D

Now we just need to set the Winboot noise to a big wet flatulent queef.:eek: ;) :rolleyes:

4. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

Re: Wow!!

oh yeah....sorry about that... ;)

5. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Hey, it looks like the woodgrain from my grandfathers old Ford Grenada stationwagon that he had when I was a kid. Aww, it gives me memories of....

PUKE!!!

That is unreal. I cannot believe that someone could buy that, use that, and think, hey, my laptop looks cool!

6. Moxiemike macrumors 68020

Moxiemike

Yet another reason to laugh at DELL people. I love when they come into the coffeehouse and ask me how I am on the internet (wireless ready coffeeshop). I try and explain it to them, and they ask if I had to buyt anything extra. I have a 667 ti with airport installed already, so I say "No." They ask if PCs can do it.... I again fib a bit and say "No."

Hehe

m

7. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Well, they can do it, but not with the class, style and range that a Mac can.

8. Moxiemike macrumors 68020

Moxiemike

Exactly. Which is why I just lie and tell them they can't do it.

Plus, the thought of some skanky DELL sucking up the bandwith so preciously shared amongst my tibook, my friend's wallstreet, her boyfriends pismo, my buddy dug's iBook and the other Macs I see there... well, no Winblows Encroaching. :)

I could so see a potential "your DSL made my PC get a virus" lawsuit.

heh

9. Mr. Anderson thread starter Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

ha! that's good. But you were telling the truth to a certain extent. Your mac has a built in wireless card, pc laptops don't, and the antenna sticks out. Its one of things that I really like about the macs.....

10. Moxiemike macrumors 68020

Moxiemike

Exactly. I had to help a friend try and install a wireless card in her PC and get it online.

No such luck.

Popped an Airport card in my buddy's iBook and Voila! Easy as cake!

11. agreenster macrumors 68000

agreenster

Jesus Christ. And people wonder why Apple users are so passionate about their computers. That Dell has GOT to be the ugliest piece of worm-ridden filth I have ever seen.

12. Mr. Anderson thread starter Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

It is pretty bad, they have some others too. I found out about it because for some reason they deliver the Dell catalog to my house, pretty silly. And I was flipping through it and saw that wood finish and had to post it. It was my duty as a loyal mac owner to show how good we actually have it and what other companies consider *style*

D

13. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

The next big thing from Dell!

Following in the footsteps of the Dell Executive Laptop w/ Burlwood palm rests comes the Dell Formica Series. The Dell Formica Series is intended for the middle-class person. It is available in several breakthrough Colors™ including Blue Grain, White Tile and Fake Marble. The Dell Formica Series can also be custom ordered to match your kitchen counter!

(Blue Grain model pictured, $1,799)

Attached Files:

14. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Re: The next big thing from Dell!

Oh, snap! Why not one with brick! After all, the damn thing is as heavy as one. :p

15. Mr. Anderson thread starter Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

ha, nice one. what *will* dell come up with next. good photoshop work there asurace.....

this whole thing sort of proves why dell's R&D philosophy is to let everyone else come up with the new hardware and dell just make it cheaper by selling more.....they wouldn't know how to design anything new that anyone would actually want....

16. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

I'm guessing that the next thing from Dell will be all-in-one computers available in bright colors like Raspberry and Lemon-lime.

17. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

oh god I hope not! :eek:

we've already seen so many things from the "Rainbow" color palette...I don't think I could handle that...it would be way too fugly... :rolleyes:

18. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

19. ThinkpadsRule macrumors member

Duke.....

Some pc laptops do have built in wireless networking without having a card installed. My thinkpad has it built in without a card. It is a new innovation by IBM. It is built into the screen casing and has great range. So pc laptops aren't nearly as bad as you guys try and make them out to be.

20. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

New from Gateway:

[Cheech Marin voice/]
    A deluxe pimped out laptop wit wire wheels, dja gold chrome, neon trim, lowrider keyboard wit dja hydraulics, tinted screen an a custom version of XP wit dingleballs across dja top ju know?

Comes in custom color too! like yellow metallic over black primer and my favourite: Ganja red metallic clearcoat over leaffy green...

An remember: It ain't fast but'chull be gettin der in style!

[/Cheech Marin voice]

21. Mr. Anderson thread starter Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Re: Duke.....

I never said they were bad, and I don't think we need to get into all that again. The iBook has the antenna incorporated into the screen as well. And I think sony might actually have the built ins as well.

D

22. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Re: Duke.....

Dude that is not a new innovation by anyone. The original iBooks had that like two almost three years ago. That is the problem with PC's they incorporate new tech and never give credit where credit is due.

23. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

Re: Re: Duke.....

and who was it that said Apple is not an innovative company?! :rolleyes:

24. King Cobra macrumors 603

Burlwood Palm on a peecee notebook...that's impressive. Now we know exactly how creative the peecee world is. While Apple works their ash off in creating the Titanium G4 and focusing on slick new designs the peecee world has now integrated wood and marble coverings on their notebooks.

I wonder what comes after wood and marble. Probably stalagmites and stone. :)

As for innovation, the peecee world has done it again, with their sack of wood. Our innovation is the first affordable "gigaflop" computer. And Apple will continue to innovate.

Fear the King.

25. balliet macrumors member

You guys do realize that you can replace those palm rests don't you. In fact, I think you have to pay extra to get the "wooden" ones. Plain black comes standard (At least thats how it was when I got mine).

I know this is a mac forum, and making fun of dell is fun, but it seems the original poster was trying to make it look like this was dell next big thing or something. Its not, its just a stupid option that no one in their right mind would go for.

(Just to try to cut down on the flames a little, I do own a new dual 1ghz g4, and if I were to buy a new laptop today, I'd be a Powerbook)